Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A birthday wish for you...






On this day a year ago, I met you for the first time. You were more beautiful than I had ever dreamed you would be, with your dark hair that had blond wisps, your full lips, your perfect little fingers and toes. I was so blessed to be able to bond with you in the hospital. So blessed to be able to have you all to myself. I remember thinking that in a year from now I would not be wistful on your first birthday because I would make sure to treasure and truly appreciate your first twelve months.

Today is your very first birthday and I broke my promise to myself. I am wistful. I am sad. I am wishing that you would slow down and let me enjoy your baby ways. I am in awe of your beauty and your zest for life. You are so happy, always smiling and giving me kisses. Always letting me know just how much you love me. I want to savor this forever.

I wish you could stay little forever. I wish that I could always protect you from all the dangers and scary things in life. I know that I can't always do that, I know that someday I'll have to let you go. I pray that God will always look over you and keep you safe. I pray that someday you will find a love like I have found in your Daddy. I pray that you will grow up to be healthy, happy and successful.

So, Happy Birthday, my little Bekah J...this is my birthday wish for you...

I love you :)

1 comments:

Scrappin'Love said...

Heather this is absolutely beautiful, it made me teary! What a wonderful birthday wish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...